The Reserves suffered defeat in the dying embers of the game at the hands of a 10 man Knowle Reserves side, despite first half goals from Academy graduates Ciccio Acheampong and Mo Konteh.

With a two week break, and 5 reserve team players being signed for the First Team in the past week, the Reds were fresh and had a bounce in their step heading into this game, with new first team recruits looking to showcase exactly why they have been signed.

Despite a slow start in the game, The Reds got going after 15 minutes, with attacking combinations and quick interchanges between the attacking quartette causing problem for the Knowle defence. The deadlock was broken in the 22nd minute, when Ciccio Acheampong cut inside past two markers to fire a powerful shot into the near corner. 1-0!

Knowle were reduced to 10 men shortly after, and it looked as though they would be in for a long afternoon.

Arguably against the run of play and down to 10 men, Knowle went on to equalise in the 37th minute, after a well worked free kick founds its way into the Redditch United goal. 1-1.

Just before the break, the Reds regained their lead through Mo Konteh. A beautifully worked team goal which began with Adam Hanox in goal, was worked from the back, and ended with Konteh getting on the end of a cut back to slot home expertly. 2-1.

With The Reds going into half time with a goal as well as the lead, they looked certain to be rampant in the second half and win the game comfortably. This appeared to be the case, when in the 57th minute, Randane Larmond topped off his unplayable performance with a goal, rising higher than anyone on the pitch to fire a bullet header into the back of the net.

This however, was where all positives came to a halt for the Reds. Knowle went onto pull one back in the 65th minute, to make it 3-2, after converting from another set piece.

With the game coming to an end, Redditch trying to hold on, and Knowle throwing everything at it to get an equaliser, they got what they deserved in the 88th minute, when they made it 3-3 from yet another set piece. From here on there only appeared to be one likely winner, and Knowle went on to make it 4-3 and win the game in the last moments of the game.

An abysmal collapse from The Reds, who played magnificently for 60 minutes, but were unable to manage the game and see it out. Definitely a learning curve for the young Reserves side, who will surely not want to feel the pain of conceding so late on again.